Entrance Policy And Procedures
Be ready for today’s expanding healthcare workforce! We focus on current and emerging knowledge, skills and practice, so you can become effective and competitive in the fast-growing nursing field. Sovereign School of Nursing is open to anyone who possesses the desire and commitment to be trained for a career in nursing.*
Whether you are new to the nursing field or want to advance your current career with a nursing degree Sovereign School of Nursing prepares you to be a leader.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of enrollment with a verified legal document showing proof of age.
- Applicants must be high school graduates or have a high school equivalency diploma (GED) or state-issued certificate. A copy of the official high school transcript, proof of graduation and/or proof of receipt of a GED certificate is required at the time of enrollment.
- Two letters of reference from teachers or employers must be provided in advance of the enrollment interview.
- A complete signed health history and physical examination are required within 3 months of enrollment and proof must be presented at the time of enrollment.
- A valid record of up-to-date required immunizations and current boosters for the following immunizations must be presented at the time of enrollment:
- Diphtheria-Tetanus, Td/Tdap
- Hepatitis B Series – completed series/Titer
- MMR series/Tite Varicella titers or immunization records
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD) or Chest x-ray results (Requires annual screening)
- A valid current CPR Certification (infant, child, adult) is required at time of enrollment.
- A health insurance policy documenting full coverage of the student for treating any injuries which the student may experience at any of the healthcare facilities and for treating illnesses that the student may contract while present at any of the healthcare facilities is required. Verification of an active insurance policy must be presented at the time of enrollment.
- Professional liability/malpractice insurance is required and verification of an active insurance policy must be presented at the time of enrollment.
- A Criminal background check is required for enrollment in a nursing program as well as for participation in any clinical experience. If an individual has any reported legal infractions, an appointment with the Program Director is required. Verification of a completed background check must be presented at the time of enrollment.
- All practical nursing and nursing (AS) applicants must pass the TEAS VI exam. The applicant has a maximum of three attempts to pass the TEAS VI exam.