Entrance Policy and Procedures
Sovereign School of Nursing is open to all individuals who possess the desire and commitment to be trained for career opportunities in nursing. A personal on-site interview with an admissions representative is required before enrollment. The interview process is to evaluate the student’s ability to successfully complete the requirements of their chosen program.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to be admitted. A verified legal document showing proof of age is required at time of enrollment.
- Applicants must be high school graduates or have a high school equivalency diploma (GED) or state-issued certificate. A copy of the official high school transcript, proof of graduation and/or proof of receipt of a GED certificate is required at time of enrollment.
- Two letters of reference form teachers or employers must be sent to Sovereign School of Nursing and available at the time of enrollment interview.
- A signed complete health history and physical examination within 3 months of enrollment date are required to be presented at the time of enrollment.
- Required Immunizations and a valid record verifying up to date and current boosters for the following immunizations must be presented at the time of enrollment.
- Diphtheria-Tetanus; Td/Tdap
- Hepatitis B Series – completed series/Titer
- MMR series/Tite
- Varicella titers or immunization record
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD) or Chest x-ray results (Requires annual screening)
- A valid current CPR Certification (infant, child, adult) is required at time of enrollment.
- A health insurance policy documenting full coverage of the student for treating any injuries which the student may experience at any of the healthcare facilities and for treating illnesses that the student may contract while present at any of the healthcare facilities. Verification of an active insurance policy must be presented at time of enrollment.
- Professional liability/malpractice insurance is required and verification of an active insurance policy must be presented at time of enrollment.
- A Criminal Background Check is required for enrollment in a nursing program as well as participation in any clinical experience. If an individual has any reported legal infractions an appointment with the Program Director is required. Verification of completed background check must be presented at time of completed enrollment.
- All practical nursing and nursing (AS) applicants must pass the TEAS VI exam with a minimum accumulative score of 75% to be eligible to enroll in a nursing program. An official copy of the scores is required at the time of enrollment. The applicant has a maximum of three attempts to pass the TEAS VI exam.