Updated as of 09/22/21
To deliver a healthy experience for our students and staff alike, we will be adhering to the following protocols:
- Following the current Centers for Disease Control guidelines, including frequent and thorough hand washing throughout the day.
- Observing CDC guidance by requiring students and staff to wear masks or some other kind of face covering.
- Sterilizing all public surfaces with medical-grade disinfectants.
- Screening all students and faculty/staff for potential Coronavirus (COVID-19) exposure.
- Adhering to recommended social-distance practices when not delivering hands-on information.
- Limiting the number of people in one room at any one time.
We want to ensure anyone traveling out of town will get a covid test within two days of returning and prior to visiting campus for any face-face encounter.
We will ensure our staff or students follow CDC guidelines should they become ill with COVID including the following timeline for retesting and returning to campus. We require 10 days to pass, after the diagnoses, before any face-face campus visits may take place.
Symptoms-Based Return to Work Requirements:
Staff and students with mild to moderate illness who are not severely immunocompromised:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; and
- At least 24 hours have passed since last fever without the use of fever-reducing medications; and
- Symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved
Staff or students who were asymptomatic throughout their infection—and are not severely immunocompromised—must wait to return to campus for at least 10 days after the date of their first positive viral diagnostic test.